Chapati noodles: a fun and creative twist to a classic dish
Hey there, foodies! We've been indulging in the delicious and versatile chapati since it's a staple of every Indian household. We all have rotis for dinner with our curry, veggies, and fried dishes. However, we often find ourselves with some leftover rotis, and we can't figure out what to do with them. While rotis can remain soft and tasty till the next day, most of us and especially kids, prefer freshly cooked rotis. Since we can't afford to waste food blatantly, we need a way to use leftover rotis and create something that is high in taste and flavor, like yummy chapati noodles.
What we usually do with the leftover rotis is turn them into leftover roti upma, roti ka churma, or sometimes cutlets. But why go down the old path when we can give our regular rotis a Chinese twist with roti noodles? It tastes good and is packed with fiery Chinese flavors. It's a healthy and tasty alternative to pasta or rice that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Combining roti's nutrition with the deliciousness of noodles, this dish is perfect for those looking for a quick, easy, and tasty meal.
So, in this blog post, we'll reveal how to make roti noodles from scratch, and how we can add them to daily meals as a delicious and healthy treat that no one can resist. But before we dive into the recipe, let's have a quick trivia!
Get Healthy with Humble rotis
When it comes to comfort food, there are few dishes more beloved than roti. Roti is not only a delicious and versatile food but also an essential part of a healthy and nutritious meal. It's a type of flatbread typically made from whole wheat flour, water, and oil, and they are cooked on a griddle pan or tava. They are the epitome of versatility since we can pair them with various dishes, from traditional curries to modern fusion creations. Not only do chapati noodles make for a delicious and hearty meal, but they also offer serious health benefits.
They are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. So they can help us regulate digestion, reduce the risk of constipation, and provide a steady energy supply throughout the day. Once we incorporate them into other healthy dishes and recipes, the nutritional benefits go up further. For gluten intolerant or celiac disease, rotis can be made from gluten-free flours like ragi, jowar, or bajra, making them a safe and healthy food option. So, the next time you have leftover rotis, don't throw them away and repurpose them into something yummy and healthy, like roti noodles.
Roti Noodles: A Fun Take On A Classic Dish
If you're looking for a creative and delicious way to enjoy your chapatis, then chapati noodles are the perfect option! These noodles are a versatile and convenient way to enjoy your favorite flatbread. We only need a few minutes and simple ingredients like traditional chapatis, some veggies, vinegar and soy sauce. Here's how we can enjoy our favorite chapatis as noodles with vibrant flavors:
Ingredients we need:
- 4-5 Rotis (Indian flatbreads)
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- one tomato, diced
- 1 chopped green pepper (optional)
- Vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt, as desired
- leaves of coriander, for garnishing
Instructions to follow:
- Roll the roti tightly and cut them into thin strips like noodles.
- Chop the onions, cabbage, carrots, and peppers finely.
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil and add minced garlic.
- Once they start to splutter, add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn brown.
- After that, add all the vegetables. Mix well and sauté for a few minutes until they soften.
- Once the vegetables are done, add sauce, vinegar and continue to sauté for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the sliced roti noodles. Stir everything together, then top with spring onions.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Tips for Perfecting Nutrient-Packed Roti Noodles
Now that we know how to make roti noodles, let's check out a few crucial tricks that professional chefs use when making the dish. With a bit of creativity, planning, and these tips, we can master the art of making delicious and nutritious chapati noodles in no time.
- Cut the chapatis into tiny strips: Use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors to cut the chapatis into thin strips. It will help you cook them easily and give the noodles a more authentic noodle-like texture.
- Use a wok or large pan: Use a wok or large pan perfect for stir-frying vegetables and noodles. It's designed to cook noodles and vegetables evenly and give them a crisp texture while nicely coating them with spices and sauces.
- Plate them like traditional noodles: Serve in a large Chinese bowl shaped like a wok and drizzle with soy sauce for garnishing. You can also use chili sauce, tomato sauce, or ketchup instead of soy sauce to garnish roti noodles and give the dish a spicy kick.
- Use fresh chapatis: While roti noodles are usually cooked using leftovers, you can also use fresh chapatis to make noodles. This will give the noodles a slightly crispy texture and help them hold their shape better. However, you won't have to worry about the hassle of cooking fresh rotis since Rotimatic can take care of everything for you. You just have to put in the ingredients and select the roti type, and it'll cook you 5 fresh rotis for your noodles in under 5 minutes.
Rotimatic: Your Perfect Partner for Roti Noodles
Even though rotis look pretty straightforward on the table, making them right takes a lot of effort and practice. Rotimatic is an innovative kitchen appliance designed to automate making fresh, homemade roti and cooking it to perfection in just 90 seconds. We only need to fill flour, water, oil, and water into separate compartments, adjust the settings, and the machine takes care of the rest, producing perfectly cooked, delicious roti in no time without any effort. In addition to making roti, we can use Rotimatic to make other dishes like jowar or bajra roti, puri, pizza, and experiment with dishes like taco, noodles and much more.
Here's a roti noodles recipe made with Rotimatic:
It also comes with a recipe book with different roti and noodle dishes you can try and experiment with Rotimatic. It's the perfect partner for anyone who loves homemade roti but doesn't have the time or energy to make it from scratch. With its automated process and customizable settings, you can easily make delicious and nutritious roti noodles that will impress your family and friends.
To know why Rotimatic is the World's most popular food robot and families around the world love it so much, click here.