Assistant Food Technologist R&D APPLY NOW
About the Role:
You would be an integral part of the R&D team, a cross-functional role with great exposure.
As an (Assistant) Food Technologist, you would be executing experiments and producing sample products, as well as being involved in the processes for making products with a consistent flavour, colour and texture in the flatbread space.
You will work closely with the product development teams to help deliver product ready recipes based on the development kitchen samples.
● Execute experiments and provide technical Food Science and Engineering support to the product development team.
● Developing the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety.
● Working with engineering/production team to develop solutions for production issues whilst maintaining food safety.
● Explore the application of existing products and processes.
● New product and application development.
● Maintain product specifications and documentation.
● Investigating standards for safety and quality
● Compiling/checking product specifications and labelling
● Dealing with any customer complaint investigations or product issues.
● Assist in troubleshooting and resolving quality issues with the QA team.
● Study methods to improve the quality of foods, such as flavour, colour, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods.
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills. Should be proactive, able to work on ad-hoc projects, have meticulous attention to detail and good teamwork abilities.
● Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science and Engineering.
● Up to 2 years of relevant experience dealing with Food Science & Technology, fresh graduates will be considered.
● Relevant research/work experience in dough and bakery products.
● Knowledge of engineering/production to develop solutions for food processing.
● Understanding of product (inc. formulation) and process development for bakery products.
● Technical problem-solving skills to drive new ideas and strategies on new product development.
- Must have basic/advanced knowledge of phyton programming language (is required).