Manufacturing QA/QC Engineer APPLY NOW
About the Role:
The Manufacturing QA/QC Engineer will be the technical liaison among the materials planner, production engineering, internal quality functions, product engineering and our supply base. In this role, the MQE work with all the counterparts highlighted above to manage the end-to-end QA/QC aspects for the manufacturing of Rotimatic at the designated factory.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Quality Assurance/Control of Manufacturing Operations
- Ensure a quality management system is in place and implemented in the factory & products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Ensure production performance meets required quality targets.
- Prepare regular manufacturing quality reports
- Ensuring Manufacturing Quality
- Lead the planning, organizations and executions of the overall activities of the end-to-end manufacturing quality functions including IQC, IPQC, OQC and routine product reliability testing
- Lead test yield analysis, MRB, RTV and deviation process in collaboration with SQE, Production and Product Engineering
- Apply relevant monitoring tools such as SPC, automated data capturing to ensure manufacturing parameters and product performance are within specifications
- Maintaining Manufacturing Quality
- Lead the product and process audits of manufacturing operations
- Audit and ensure the manufacturing operators’ training and skill levels are up to expectations
- Support Engineering Change Order (ECO) executions
- Ensure the equipment calibration and maintenance programs are executed per plan
- Improving Manufacturing Quality
- Drive towards closure with the continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen 8D/CAR, CAPA etc.
- Drive product failure analysis, lead corrective and preventive action to respond to internal and external customer complaints.
- Apply relevant tools such as Lean Manufacturing to improve the efficiency of the manufacturing operations, specifically in areas involving quality functions
- Ensure successful transfer of new platform / new models to Operations from R&D.
- Other activities as deemed fit to support overall Quality Excellence programs
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in any Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 5 to 7 years related experience in a manufacturing QA/QC function, specifically in a consumer electronics and /or smart appliances manufacturing environment
- Experienced practitioner of Quality Tools and Methods such as 8D/SCAR, Analytical & Problem Solving, Risk Assessment etc
- Practitioner of Statistical Tools such as SPC, Capability Analysis, Hypothesis Testing and the basic DOE
- Proven data management and presentation skill
- Strong interpersonal skill