Manufacturing Quality Specialist / Technician APPLY NOW
About the Role:
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and hardworking quality technician with a good eye for detail. You will be responsible for performing standardized quality control checks on our company products to ensure they meet the required legal and company standards for safety and quality.
To ensure success as a quality technician, you should be a process-oriented and observant person with excellent visual awareness, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Your objective is to efficiently monitor with integrity the quality of products without impeding production rates.
- Conducting inspection on the parts, sub-assembly and assembly builds to ensure the full conformance to quality and safety standards
- Conducting routine process audits to ensure full conformance of Work Instructions, Operators’ training and operational status of in-line jigs/fixtures and test equipment
- Conducting outgoing inspections of the complete SKUs
- Performing minor repairs and reporting breakdowns in a timely manner or adding finishing touches to the appearance of components if needed.
- Developing and maintaining company inspection reports.
- Reporting daily in-line test data and test yields and triggering Line fallout or abnormality to the supervisor/team.
- Keeping audit logs, as well as maintaining a safe and tidy work environment.
- Ensuring test equipment is calibrated and working correctly.
- Collaborating with other departments to complete production orders on time
- Identifying and participating in possible areas for improvement in quality control processes.
- Performing other duties deemed relevant by the supervisor.
- Complying with internal policies and industry regulations.*
- NITEC, Higher NITEC or Diploma in Engineering discipline
- At least two years experience in a manufacturing environment or as a Quality Inspector/technician, preferably in the consumer electronics industry.
- Knowledge of production processes and experience in performing quality control procedures and meeting production standards, with keen attention to detail and problem-solving techniques.
- High-level of visual awareness and integrity.
- Experience in generating reports and data collation.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- Strong technical and mechanical assembly aptitude.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of computers and office software.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to stand for long periods.