Elevate Your Dinner Time with Quick, Easy & Delicious Stir Fry Recipes
Hey there, foodies! Are you tired of repeating the same old dishes at dinners? So if you want to switch things up with something quick, easy, and delicious, we've brought you exactly what you need. As someone who loves experimenting with different flavors and cuisines, we're always looking for new and exciting recipes to try in the kitchen. And when it comes to quick and easy dinners, stir fry recipes are definitely one of our favorites!
Reasons to Love Stir Fry Recipe
Stir-frying is a great way to infuse veggies with bold, delicious flavors easily. By incorporating more vegetables stir-fry recipes into your diet, you can improve your overall nutrient intake and support optimal health. It’s a healthy alternative to deep frying since they’re low in fat and calories, helping us manage weight or maintain a healthy diet. However, the benefits don't end there!
It's an efficient cooking method that only involves a wok or pan, which means fewer dirty dishes and less time cleaning up after cooking. Since we're using less oil, we get more tender-crisp vegetables that retain more nutrients than if boiled. We can even use leftovers, different seasonings, or pair them with rotis or rice to give an exciting spin to our daily meals. We can also use rotis to make tacos or burritos with stir fried veggies as the fillings or turn rotis into noodles for roti stir fry. Isn't that a win-win scenario?
Tips & Techniques to Stir Like A Pro
Now that we know the benefits of stir-frying, let's learn how to stir-fry like a professional chef using different techniques. With a bit of creativity and planning, we can master the art of making a stir-fry recipe out of whatever you have on hand. However, there are a few essential tips and techniques we should keep in mind when stir-frying. Here are a few of them:
- While pans work just as fine, a wok is an excellent tool for stir-frying since it's designed to toss and stir food easily. Remember to preheat the wok or pan to sear the meat and vegetables, imparting flavor from the proteins and veggies and leaving them crisp.
- It's essential to cut all ingredients into small, even pieces to stir and fry with ease. So we don't end up with some overcooked pieces and others undercooked. Also, make sure vegetables are completely dry or the dish will become soggy from vapors.
- We must keep stirring the ingredients while frying to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking. The quantity should be at a level that we can stir everything easily. If we overcrowd the pan, the moisture from the vegetables will cause the stir-fry to steam rather than fry or saute.
- Stir fry requires high heat to sear the proteins and veggies quickly, so it's easy for our oil to burn. So don't go for mustard or olive oil. Instead, use oils with higher smoke points like ghee, grapeseed, canola, or avocado. However, if we've to use regular oil, stir and saute the ingredients on low heat to preserve the texture.
- Stir fry recipes are often salty due to soy sauce. While we need sauces to saute the proteins, we can also add a splash of rice vinegar that overpower the saltiness with acidic taste. We can also use cornstarch or potato flour to give the sauce a thicker, velvety feel.
Easy Stir Fry Recipe to Try
Now, onto the star of the show - the stir-fry recipes. These recipes are all quick, easy, and customizable to fit your taste preferences. Here are our top easy stir-fry recipes that we recommend you try to delight your taste buds.
Inspired by authentic Chinese cooking techniques, this quick and easy stir-fry dish packs a punch of flavors. This crispy dish is sweet, spicy, and slightly sour, which makes it one of the best stir-fry recipes we can try at home. However, if you are a vegetarian, you can substitute the chicken with some vegetables or tofu.
Steps to follow:
- Pour oil into a heated pan and add chopped garlic and chillies. Sauté.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and let them cook for a minute.
- Add a little salt and stir to mix everything well. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce and sugar.
- Saute till the sauce starts to reduce.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add basil and stir.
- Serve in a bowl as an appetizer or main dish.
If you like your food a little bit spicy, this stir-fry recipe is for you! It's a great main dish for any meal, and we can pair it with anything, especially along with cooked rice, curry or roti for dinner or lunch. We only need eggplant, bell peppers, onions, chili pepper flakes, and soy sauce.
Steps to follow:
- Pour oil into a pan on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, broken red chilies, curry leaves, and fry.
- Add the sliced eggplants, and stir fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and garlic powder and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Once the eggplants are cooked, add all the remaining spices.
- Mix well and stir fry for about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve it with boiled rice or as a burrito roti wrap between a fresh roti. Check the recipe here.
Tempeh Stir Fry
This slightly sweet and savory recipe is for those nights when we crave something different. Tempeh, a plant-based protein, is amazingly flavorful, hearty, and really versatile. We'll need tempeh, teriyaki sauce, vegetables, rice vinegar, honey, and ginger.
Steps to follow:
- Add oil to a large frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add chopped veggies when the oil is warm. Sauté the veggies frequently for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the veggies, add tempeh cubes, and sauté.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing soy sauce, vinegar, honey, lime juice, garlic, and ginger.
- Add the veggies into the pan with the cooked tempeh.
- Pour the sauce and increase the heat to medium.
- Mix well, simmer for 4 minutes, and we're done.
While we primarily use rotis as a side with our stir-fry recipes, we can also use them in our main dish. Yes, we can make a tasty and healthy stir-fry dish mainly prepared from the chapati or roti. The recipe is so simple that you can easily adapt it to breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes during rush hours.
Steps to follow:
- Roll 5 rotis tight and cut into them thin strips forming noodles.
- Separate the chapati strips and keep them aside.
- Saute chopped onion, spring onion, garlic, and green chillies in oil.
- Add veggies and saute slightly till the vegetables shrink.
- Add sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt, followed by roti strips.
- Mix gently, and our chili roti is ready to serve.
Rotis: The Perfect Side to Stir Fry Recipes
Stir fry is so versatile, and whether you're making a quick dinner for the kids after school or you're hosting guests and really want to impress, your choice of side dishes can make or break the meal. While most prefer rice or noodles, we like to give them an Indian touch with Rotis to reward both our taste buds and health. Roti's beautifully flaky, crisp, and light texture perfectly complements the flavors and texture of any vegetable stir-fry recipe. However, if you don’t like thick and soggy rotis, we've got a revolutionary product that'll give you perfect, mouth-watering rotis every time.
Rotimatic: An Investment Worth Making
Rotimatic is the world’s first roti-making robot that does everything for you. It can mix the dough, knead, and make dough balls to cook fluffy and finely-roasted rotis. So it can serve you freshly-made rotis every 90 seconds. Designed for busy individuals and home cooks like us, Rotimatic allows us to cook and experiment with different dishes and not worry about the time-consuming task of making rotis.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced cook, it’ll cook delicious, perfectly round rotis for you. So you and your family won't have to compromise your food habits and have diverse meals rich in nutrients. When you want to try these stir-fry recipes with rotis, don't forget to invest in Rotimatic to elevate your cooking experience. To watch Rotimatic in action, click here.